Thursday, July 9, 2009

Circle of Life

I know it's been a while but I have been trying to really enjoy my summer. But I'm back and I'm bad.
This week has definitely been a tumultuous one. From the loss of the greatest entertainer of my generation to Steve McNair's untimely demise, these events have sent me into serious introspection. They are sudden reminders that death is just around the corner and is no respecter of persons.
God makes no mistakes and His perfect will is carried out with or without our participation. On Tuesday night, I learned that an old college friend passed away. He was not much older than I am. He was a jovial and vibrant person. It seems he died in a matter of weeks although I believe his health was failing long before that. I hope he had all of his spiritual affairs in order. No one should be caught with their work undone.
Less than twelve hours later, I receive the stupendous news that one of my BFFs is preggers with her first baby. TALK about a pendulum of emotions--from sorrow and disbelief to celebration and exhilaration. God never takes without giving away. I believe that most times we are so blinded by the grief of loss that we fail to witness the beauty of a blessing.
While death is a sorrowful time, let us be mindful that it is also a celebratory time. It is a homegoing. There are no more pain and no more worries. Just constant fellowship and praise!!!
Isaiah 61:3 says, "Put on the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness." When you feel negative, simply change clothes.



I'm just saying...



Soli Deo Gloria,
Step Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please play nice with comments. No profanity! Yet, feel free to express yourself.