Monday, October 24, 2011

Secret Crushes

We all have one or two. You know, crushes on folks we don't even tell our BFFs about. They are sometimes people we see in passing. Other times, they are individuals we spend a great deal of time with. Nevertheless, we develop crushes and for whatever reason, we keep it a secret.

Well, I've had my fair share of secret crushes. In fact, I have one right now. I often think of Nat King Cole's version of "What I'll Do"  or wonder...

What I'll do when you are far away and I am blue? What I'll do? When I'm wondering who is kissing you, what I'll do? What I'll do with just a photograph to tell my troubles to? When I'm alone with only dreams of you that won't come true, what I'll do?

I have my secrets. Care to share yours?

Soli Deo Gloria,

Step Brown

2 comments:

  1. I have a secret crush, but I would not call it a secret so much. I am sure that when I look at him others can see it and feel it. I think about him all the time, and when I'm not thinking about him, I'm thinking about him. I understand you ... Sometimes I want it to stop, but that's like asking myself not to breathe. Liking him feels natural. It feels right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm curious, Anon, why aren't you and crush an item?

    ReplyDelete

Please play nice with comments. No profanity! Yet, feel free to express yourself.