Monday, January 7, 2013

Waiting, being a Xenophope, Yearning, and with Zeal

Don't call it a comback...

Last year, I started something I didn't quite finish. The Weekly Alphabet got to W and stopped. Apologies for that. Today, I want to complete that assignment so that I may go on to the next one. 

W-waiting: There comes a time when you flat-out have to wait on the Lord. If you've gotten a word from the Lord, it shall come to pass. Period.

Back in the day, Abram got a word from the Lord. Genesis 15:4-5 reads:
4 Then the Lord said to him, “No, your servant will not be your heir, for you will have a son of your own who will be your heir.” 5 Then the Lord took Abram outside and said to him, “Look up into the sky and count the stars if you can. That’s how many descendants you will have!”
Now he was sure of the word he heard but this heir wasn't coming fast enough. Ole Abram felt he and Sarai were too old. So they decided to 'fix it.' Abram gets with Hagar (with Sarai'sSarai just waited---for Issac.

X-xenophobe: You know how it is. Someone new comes to town, someone with different customs and strange ways of doing thangs, you know. The hushed whispers and the quiet gigles...  Don't discount that new person in your world. They may be coming to teach you something or even save yoru life.

Matthew 12:9-14 tells us: Then Jesus went over to their synagogue, where he noticed a man with a deformed hand. The Pharisees asked Jesus, “Does the law permit a person to work by healing on the Sabbath?” (They were hoping he would say yes, so they could bring charges against him.) And he answered, “If you had a sheep that fell into a well on the Sabbath, wouldn’t you work to pull it out? Of course you would. And how much more valuable is a person than a sheep! Yes, the law permits a person to do good on the Sabbath.” Then he said to the man, “Hold out your hand.” So the man held out his hand, and it was restored, just like the other one! Then the Pharisees called a meeting to plot how to kill Jesus.

The Pharisees wanted Jesus out simply because He did things differently from the way they did. And Jesus was gathering followers. Heavens forbid someone going againt the grain and getting people to back them too. Don't get caught be a xenophobe. People come into our lives for a reason, a season, or a lifetime. Don't curse your blessing...

Y-yearning and Z-Zeal: David was called the man after God's own heart. David had a passionate longing to be in God's presence. Yet, David was human. He did some wrongs and had to repent and still deal with those consquences. Nevertheless, David loved God and was not afraid to ask for mercy and forgiveness. In fact, David is credited with writing most of the Psalms. In them are requests for protection, repentance, and forgiveness. There are times David sang out with joy and thanksgiving.

I would like to close with Psalms 23.

The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures. 
He leadeth me besides clear waters. He restoreth my soul. He leadeth me in paths of righteousness for his namesake.
Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for thou art with me. Thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me.
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies. Thou anointest my head with oil. My cup runneth over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord, forever.

Yearn for Him and follow Him with great Zeal...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please play nice with comments. No profanity! Yet, feel free to express yourself.