Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler...

It's that time, y'all!!! The parades, the balls, the parties, the beads!!!! Throw me something, mister!!! The music--a genre of its own. It's Mardi Gras, folks. So let the good times roll...

I didn't know a thing about Mardi Gras until I attended the University of Southern Mississippi. All I knew was I was getting two days off. So yeah, roll on good times!!!!

So, friends, enjoy your Mardi Gras. Just remember why you get a Mardi Gras and what it means to you as Christian. What are you giving up since you are "doing what you wanna" today?

Lent is a time when many Christians prepare for Easter by observing a period of fasting, repentance, moderation and spiritual discipline. The purpose is to set aside time for reflection on Jesus Christ--His suffering and sacrifice, his life, death, burial, and resurrection.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please play nice with comments. No profanity! Yet, feel free to express yourself.