Wednesday, January 4, 2012

There will be pain...

The Weekly Alphabet Bible Study is on the letter, G. I was so torn between writing about David's Guilt and Job's Grief that I almost did both. I almost flipped a coin. Then I read and reread both passages. Both brought me to tears. Yet, Job's Grief captured my daily essence. So this week's lesson is about grief.

The average church goer knows about Job. Most talk about his patience. Job is highly favored. So much so that Satan has a point to prove. The evil one goes to God and asks God if he could test Job. That is a lesson within itself. Moving on...

Job loses everything. Yet, he does not curse God. That's the story we all hear. Still there is another side to Job's story. Indeed, Job is faithful to God. Job's faithfulness does not mean he was not sad.

Read: Job 7.

Job mentions how bitter he is. He even talks about suicide. There can be a point (even points) in your life when you are totally broken. Some might even say beyond repair. Let me remind me: There is nothing too hard for God. Believe me when I say He has listened to you and heard your request. Life's trials and tribulations come to serve you. There are merely faith tests. So don't give up. Don't give in. He knows...

I want to leave you with Job 42:10-After Job had prayed for his friends, the LORD restored his fortunes and gave him twice as much as he had before. Now take Job's name out and replace it with yours. So that's your message. That's your scripture. Use what God gives you.

Soli Deo Gloria,

Step Brown 

1 comment:

Please play nice with comments. No profanity! Yet, feel free to express yourself.