Thursday, January 19, 2012

Why me, Lord?

My first blog from my phone. I just had to share this. I know we sometimes get caught up in the wiles of this world. We think nobody is having a hard time but me. Today, I learned a valuable lesson.


Everyone who knows me knows I am a regular at my neighborhood Waffle House. I say it's like a small family in there with the crew. Well, there's a waitress in there who is always so friendly; so polite. Good morning, Miss Stephanie. Have a great day at work Miss Stephanie. She never gets to wait in me (she serves in the smoking section) but that does not stop her from always saying something positive to me.


Today, I learned this waitress has leukemia . She was recently diagnosed with it and does chemo twice a week. She has been going through this for the last two months. Still, she always greets me with a smile and grants me warm wishes every morning.


We may never know why me but It's not our job to know why me. It's our job to know that God will NEVER give us more than we can handle. God will never leave us or forsake us. Our job is to trust and lean on Him completely.


I could go on and on as today has been a truly interesting day. I want to leave you with 2 Corinthians 4:17.


For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, works for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory.


Soli Deo Gloria,


Step Brown



2 comments:

  1. GREAT Read, this is the explanation mark to an already good day!!!! Thank you.


    Rosalind J. Peterson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie -

    My friends and I have been talking about this for quite some time recently. I love to pose questions to my friends and see where their head is at, or what they feel about a specfic topic.

    I just asked my friends if they ever blamed God and if so why. We had a wonderful conversation on this very topic. I cannot remember ever being angry at God not when my relationship of 12 years ended leaving me in the state of Illinois alone, nor when I found myself unemployed 3 times in 12 years.
    What I did do is run to God and praise Him for ALL He has done in my life. Thanks so much for this blog topic...Look at the Holy Spirit!

    ReplyDelete

Please play nice with comments. No profanity! Yet, feel free to express yourself.