Thursday, February 23, 2012

He wants to be your motivation.

The Weekly Alphabet Bible Study moves on with the letter M. Can I get a motivation check?

Long before Kelly Rowland sang her song, God was tugging at your heart. The Lord really does want you to fulfill your life's purposes. He makes you to be motivated...to live for Him. A big part of that motivation is His promises.

Jeremiah 29:11-14

For I know the plans I have for you,” says the LORD. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. In those days when you pray, I will listen. If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me. I will be found by you,” says the LORD. “I will end your captivity and restore your fortunes. I will gather you out of the nations where I sent you and will bring you home again to your own land.”

God wants you to be happy. He has wonderful plans for you and me. So where do we go wrong? Well, I think it starts when we sense that twinge of independence and we think we can do everything on our own. That free will can get you every time. Then we expect God to bless our mess.

God will allow you to make a mess of things but He promises to be right there with you to help you through it all. And then He says if you just take the time to get to know me, you will get to know you. That is when your dreams align with His dreams and you and God are walking hand-in-hand. Because you did some things without Him, you will have to deal with the fallout of those choices. There is no federal bail-out in this game. The good news is once you go through the consequences of the plans without God (which was never really the case), then you can get on track to bask in the glory of the plans God has for me. 

And I find that very motivating...

Deo Soli Gloria,

Step Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please play nice with comments. No profanity! Yet, feel free to express yourself.