Sunday, April 19, 2009

The Golden Rule

I am so excited about my new blog. I hope I don't overwhelm my future readers. I have so much on my mind that I would like to get out in cyberspace.
It's really late and I hardly ever stay up this late. I had dinner with my Line Sisters tonight to celebrate our one-year anniversary in Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. We went to a nice restaurant and socialized and took pictures. There were at least 25 of us. All talking at once, all ordering at once, most ordering similar menu items--a very busy scene. Our server, a young lady, was busting her butt to replenish drinks and keep orders straight. People were switching seats. To an outsider, it was chaos.
Unfortunately, everyone is not as patient and understanding as maybe they should be. I noticed our server diligently pressing buttons on the computer to get our tickets out and balling her eyes out. Her make-up was smeared and she was trembling. I asked what was wrong. She mumbled that she had gotten tickts confused and someone had called the manager on her. She was very upset. Another soror and I went to the manager and spoke on the server's behalf. Considering the size of our party and the chaotic nature of the dinner, we thought she had done an excellent job. The manager went over to help her. She never really calmed down.
I stayed behind to personally speak with the young lady. I wanted her to know she had indeed done a wonderful job with such a large party. I reminded her that sometimes people are rude and it has nothing to do with the person with which they are rude. I apologized on behalf of my party and the confusion that was caused.
I believe if people would remember the Golden Rule, maybe the world would be a better place. Folks, please, consider how you would want someone to treat you or your mother or your daughter before you snap off on somebody. No one deserves to be dumped on. No one needs your issues. They have their own.
So please remember to treat people the way you want to be treated. Everytime you snap off, you are sowing a seed that you will soon reap. OR think of the Law of Attraction. If you put off rudeness, you'll definitely get it back and two-fold. OR Love your neighbor as you love yourself. That is in the Good Book.
I hate to sound preachy so late at night. This is just something I wanted to express. Hopfully, that is what this blog will help me to--express myself. Also, make people think...about being a better people. One blog at a time!!! Nite Nite.

2 comments:

  1. You know I love you like a sister. You are truly gifted in your writing as always. I wish you well in this blog and all endeavours. Now, please, finish that book so that we may all see your wonderful gift on paper.

    Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulation on your new found expression.

    I applaud you for staying behind and talking with the young lady…hoping and praying all of your sorority sisters will read the your words of wisdom from the Golden Rule!

    ReplyDelete

Please play nice with comments. No profanity! Yet, feel free to express yourself.