Saturday, April 18, 2009

Sweet Beginnings

Welcome all and thanks for taking the time to visit. As promised, I will use this as an avenue for my writing and a place to express my thoughts. Here we go....


Hospital Visit
A loved one is in the hospital and you decide to visit. As you're walking down a hospital hallway, you hear another familiar voice coming from a different room. Stop in for a visit and write about it.You can post your response (500 words or fewer) in the WD Forum.




Hospital Visit




My cell phone massages my left leg. I should have put it on silent.
“Hello. Oh, hey girl! Listen, I’m a little busy. I’m here at Grady Memorial. Yeah, fulfilling the wifely duties. You so silly but she is my mother-in-law. I’ll buzz you when I leave.”
As I walk down the hall, I notice a name I haven’t seen in a while. Surely, it couldn’t be but I stop at the door to witness a lively exchange.
“Mr. Sanders, you are too much. You really should be more focused on your recovery and less focused on getting my number.” The female voice giggles.
A male voice responds. “How can I focus when you come in here with those sexy nursing uniforms?”
Although it has been a year since I’ve seen him, the smoothness of his voice is undeniable. I knock on the door. The nurse opens it wider. “It seems you have a guest, Mr. Sanders.” She struts out.
I peek around the door. Sure enough, it’s Brantley Sanders.
“Well, hey, Miss Lady. Long time, no see. What are you doing here?” He sits up in his bed.
I stand in silence. His once-muscular frame is noticeably absent and the clean-shaven face I remember is replaced with a poorly-groomed beard. “I’m here to visit my mother-in-law. More importantly, why are you here?” I stand in place—not knowing if proximity is allowed.
“Well, baby girl, my lifestyle finally got up with me.” His aliment hasn’t curtailed his arrogance.
I whisper, “Your lifestyle?”
He smiles. “You know the one—when the sexy new mail courier is the ‘freak de jour’ for all the powerful female attorneys. If the money was right, some of the male ones, too. It was all the same to me.”
With a terrified look on my face, I stammer, “Exactly, what are you saying?”
Brantley coyly states, “I suggest that since you’re here, you ought to have some blood drawn. More than your blood type may be positive.”
The next thing I remember is smelling salts tickling my nose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please play nice with comments. No profanity! Yet, feel free to express yourself.