Thursday, June 3, 2010

Fear

This poem is heavily inspired by a song I know. But it's exactly how I feel.

Fear by Stephanie A. Brown

I'm scared to try cause I'm scared to fail
I'm scared to die guess I'm scared of hell
I'm scared to kiss cause I’m scared to hug
I'm scared of sex guess I'm scared to touch

I'm scared to look cause I'm scared to see
I'm scared of you guess I'm scared of me
I'm scared to fly cause I'm scared I’ll crash
I'm scared to move on guess I live in the past

I'm scared to fight cause I'm scared I’ll bleed
I'm scared of love guess I'm scared he'll leave
I'm scared to swim cause I'm scared to sink
I'm scared of drugs guess I'm scared to drink

I'm scared to learn cause I'm scared of truth
I’m scared to gain weight guess I'm scared of food
I'm scared to write cause I’m scared it’s good
I'm scared I’ll fail cause I know I could

I'm scared to start cause I'm scared I'll quit
I'm scared the people won't like my shyt
I'm scared of the fame and the paparazzi
The rumors starting and the people watching

Fear, the tormenting spirit keeps me
From fulfilling my God-given destiny
Unless I stand firm, break its hold
Stories God gave me will never be told


Inspired by Jazmine Sullivan’s Fear


Deo Volente,


Step Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please play nice with comments. No profanity! Yet, feel free to express yourself.