Monday, June 8, 2009

Weddings...

One of my favorite cousins is getting married next year. In March, I think. Of course, I have to do my bridesmaid duty. I would gladly step aside if I had a choice. But it's almost a cousin responsibility and I know she wants me in it. So off I go to a dress fitting and finding shoes I cannot wear. At least, not without pain.
I often think about my own wedding. Sometimes I want big. Sometimes I want small. Then I wonder what my man would want. He might have a big family and want people in the wedding. I have a big family so I know I will have to have at least seven bridesmaids. I really prefer a big reception where everyone can celebrate with my and my new husband. Most times, I just wish we could go away to a private island--just me, my husband, my parents, and his parents. We would exchange our vows, come back, and host a really big party--as husband and wife. On the other hand, I feel I would be cheated my family out of one of the biggest moments in my life. So...what's a girl to do?
Well, I guess first things first. I gotta find a man to marry me. *laugh* But not just any man, the man God has ordained to be with me. After that process, I'll pray about the nuptials. I know it doesn't take a big wedding to prove to the man I love that I love him. I guess we'll cross that threshold when we get to it.



Soli Deo Gloria,
Step Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please play nice with comments. No profanity! Yet, feel free to express yourself.