Monday, December 23, 2013

Mistakes as Lessons

Day 19---If you learn from mistakes, what are you afraid of making them?

Pride comes to mind whenever I think of mistakes. Most people do not want to appear weak and inept. People hate to be wrong but being wrong is a part of getting it right. Pride makes you feel like that, like you should have known better. But how can you know better when you really don't. That's my first reason.

Failure. First, failure has a negative connotation when it's really just a proof positive of how not to do something. People equate mistakes with failures. A mistake is going into something with your eyes wide shut while a failure is going with your eyes wide open.

As I grow with God, I am being less and less afraid of making mistakes. Knowing that God's provision covers all, the good and the bad, helps me tread slowly and lightly. Even if it takes me weeks, months, or years to take a step, I trust I will eventually take it. He's growing me from glory to glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please play nice with comments. No profanity! Yet, feel free to express yourself.