Sunday, December 8, 2013

What I Do...

Day 6--Evaluate my 'unconditional' giving trait.

Friends and I were discussing what is the thing that we do, the unconditional thing we do for people no matter how they treat us. My initial response was that I cater to people. I observe what makes them happy and then try to do those things. Those two think I was off base. 

Well, maybe the word 'cater' is not the correct word. I've given it much consideration. I notice people have a tendency to tell me things and find it easy to talk to me. I think people feel they can tell me anything, that I really empathize with what they have to say.

Listening is my unconditional giving trait. I'm the shoulder people cry on, the choir people preach to, the vent people release to, the board they bounce idea off of. 

So what's on your mind? Go ahead; I'll wait... 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please play nice with comments. No profanity! Yet, feel free to express yourself.