Sunday, December 29, 2013

Walking into Darkness

Day 21--When was the last time you walked into the darkness with only a glimpse of the idea you so strongly believe in?

In February 2010, I drove to Florida State University for an interview. I had applied to their MFA program in Film. I spent the weekend looking at apartments and exploring the town. When I got back, I put my house on the market. I just knew I would be in Florida by August. I resigned my teaching/coaching career at Biloxi High School. By the end of March, I was all set to move to Florida. By the second week in April, I had received my rejection letter, taken my house off of the market, and started sending out applications in Atlanta.

That was the last time I stepped out on blind faith. Not sue when I can do that again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please play nice with comments. No profanity! Yet, feel free to express yourself.