Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Dream Lover...

come rescue me!!!!


It's funny. That Mariah Carey song is definitely how I feel sometimes. Yet, as my friends say, I won't do anything to put myself out there. Case in point, there is a party this Friday hosted by the men of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc.


Should I go? Probably, it would be a great way to meet people (men) who are on the same level as I am. At least one would make that assumption but we all know what happens when you
ass-u-me. Still, I know at least one of my LSs is going and my BFF said she would go if I wanted to go.


Will I go? To give myself the BOD(benefit of the doubt), I will have to say I am undecided. Parties really are not my thing. Contrary to popular belief, I am quite the wallflower and very shy. I am not comfortable in the party setting.


Just like most single ladies, I want to be married and have kids. Will my husband knock on my first door? Highly unlikely. But I have faith. Sincerely, I believe it will be a random and happen-chance meeting that I won't even notice. It will happen so quickly that I won't know what hit me. Why do I feel this way? Because I believe in old-fashioned values. A woman goes out looking for something and she will find it. The problem is she might not like what she finds. That is why a man finds his wife. Cool but how can he find me if I am always at home? I can just hear one of my friends singing the question in my ear. To which I would humbly respond God made me the way I am. He knows I do not like parties and He knows I would have to meet 'hubby' in some shape, fashion, or form. If it was at a party, I would not be grappling with the issue in this blog.


In closing, I guess I won't know what I am going to do Friday night until Friday night. Besides, I ask God to give me what I need to get through each day every morning. If I need to the courage to go to the Alpha party Friday night, I am sure He will give it to me--Friday night. Until then, Dreamlover, your name remains just that--dreamlover.


Deo Volente,
Step Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please play nice with comments. No profanity! Yet, feel free to express yourself.