Saturday, May 2, 2009

In all your getting...

I have always been drawn to the scripture that goes, (paraphrase) "In all your getting, get understanding." We ask God for so many things (love, peace, forgiveness, strength, etc) that we hardly ever ask for understanding. He has clearly stated in His Word that we have not because we ask not.
Some people spend an entire lifetime without finding their true purpose--the meaning to their lives. The why are my eyes brown and my hair black and the reason I am here stuff. Most just coast through life, dipping and dodging the curve balls. Who know my people do what they do? Some people would ask who cares?
I may never know why I have had to endure some of the painful experiences I have endured. My testimony would be a tearjerker to some. I may never understand the trials and the tests. But I am a strong believer that all which does not kill me makes me stronger. Am I a strong person? Depends on who you ask. My friends would say I am one tough nut. I would beg to differ. Besides, my worst enemy is the 'inner me.'
No one man or woman has ALL the answers. If they did, they'd probably sell them on Ebay. But seriously, if you want to know why the grass is green and the sky is blue, ask Him. If you want to make it more personal, ask Him for your purpose. Why He has you here? He may not tell you but the least you could do is ask. And since you wouldn't ask a total stranger such a personal question, get to know Him. Believe me, you will gain a whole lot more than just your purpose if you spend time getting to know Him.
I may never know why ___________ (you fill in the blank), but I know who does and that is all I need to know. So, in all your getting, get understanding. But more importantly, get God!!!!!!
I'm just saying....


Chunking Deuces,
Step Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please play nice with comments. No profanity! Yet, feel free to express yourself.