Tuesday, May 26, 2009

In the Beginning...

I began reading Steve Harvey's book today. I am about half-way done with it and I must admit, it's somewhat interesting. In all honesty, I am not learning anything new. Most of the information he shares, I pretty much know already. I really think his book is more suited for young ladies in their late teens or early twenties. But I am learning that there are some grown women do not know this stuff. So read on, my sistas. Get that knowledge!

I've been reading it and learned a thing or two about myself. Therefore, it was not a total waste. While I don't agree with everything he says(that 90-day rule is a bunch of crap. Wait for your real committment, girls), he makes a lot of sense. While I was reading, something came to me--in a vision---like a light. I'm kidding but I did have an epiphany.

Harvey states that men show their love with the three Ps--profess, provide, and protect. And I totally agree. This is why women should work on their own self awareness before ever attempting a relationship.

Women, we already have a Man in our lives who professes His dying love for you, provides you with all that you need and protects you from all harm and danger. Ladies, He loves you even when you don't love yourselves. I wish you could see how He looks at you. You are the apple of His eye, the zenith of His universe. Do you realize He created everything and put them in their place---the animals, the sky, the rivers, the mountains, and even man before He decided the perfect way to create you. You are the pinnacle of His creation. And everyone knows the best is always saved for last.

Indeed, men are wired to profess, provide, and protect. It's in their DNA. When God created Adam, He breathed His Spirit into Adam and therefore, His ways are of Adam. God professes His love for His people. John 3:16 And so should your man!!! God provides for His people. Philippians 4:19 And so should your man!!! God protects his people. Psalms 18:2 And so should your man!!! This is the way it should be. It's a tale as old as time.

Ladies, realize what you already have. The prefect Man is already in your heart. Don't let no mess replace Him. If anything, your new man should fall in line with your Perfect One.



I'm just saying...
Step Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please play nice with comments. No profanity! Yet, feel free to express yourself.