Wednesday, May 6, 2009

What Am I Saying...

I declare the Bible is one of the hardest books to read. All those thees and thous and arts, one could get lost in the sea of unleavened bread and pass right over the message God intended for us in the first place. I have tried to read the Bible from cover to cover on several occasions. I cannot seem to do it. Does that make me a failure? By no means!!!! In fact, I find it encouraging. To me, it simply means there are many more things I have to learn about God and His ways. Everyday, I am shown a wee bit more and I get excited when I think about what else there is to learn.


I definitely have a pragmatic view about life. I want to know how something applies to me and my everyday life---and that includes the Bible. I want to understand what the story of Ruth means to me in 2009 or the fact that Peter denied Jesus three times before daybreak although he swore he was ready to die for his Lord. And I cannot forgot about that Proverbs 31 woman. Is she for real? Is she even possible in 2009?


Today, I want to tackle a topic that maybe I shouldn't---the Lord's Prayer. When the disciples asked Jesus how to pray, the Lord's Prayer is what they got. Do people even know what they are saying when they recite this? Well, since this is my blog, I can tell you what I think I am saying why I make my request.


Our Father, who art in heavenIt's customary to address the person to which you are speaking and I like to be reminded that He sits high and looks low.
Hallowed by Thy NameThat's my reminder that I shouldn't be fooling around with God. He is holy and should be revered.
Thy kingdom come, Thy will be doneMy goal is God's kingdom and I strive to do things by His will, not mine
on earth, as it is in heaven. What we should do on earth is what we will do in heaven
Give us this day our daily breadJust for today---give us all we need to survive. We cannot change yesterday and tomorrow is not promised. So Lord, give us what we need to get through this day
And forgives us our trespasses (our debts)Lord, please forgive me for all the wrong I've done against You, myself and others---Daily
As we forgive those who trespass (our debtors) against us
Lord, people will do wrong by me so teach me forgiveness---Daily
Lead us not into temptationThe devil is so busy but I know You have him in check
but deliver us from evil
I knew You had the devil in check and Thanks for providing a way out
For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory foreverThe world is Yours and all that goes with it.
AmenOver and Out




I'm just saying...
Step Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please play nice with comments. No profanity! Yet, feel free to express yourself.