Monday, May 11, 2009

What Now...

Every morning, I get up and go to a job I literally despise. I am not happy as a classroom teacher. Kids aren't like they were when I was a child. They are disrespectful and have not desire to better themselves. It's disgusting. I feel I am wasting my talents in that classroom.


So what now? I have completed my first novel. And while I am still riding on the wave of exhilaration, I know I have to come down soon. My ideal job will have me travelling and booked with speaking engagements. I would even like to sponsor some outreach program because our young people need serious help and guidance. They are inundated with sex and profanity until it has become the norm for most of them. No one is famous until they have a sex tape and education is the least of their priorities. Where are the moral and values instilled in the home?


I know I am rambling a bit but I truly feel that writing is my gift. Writing is the avenue God will use through me to reach His lost sheep. So now that I have that information, what is the next phrase? Where do I go from here? Some people never find the right road. At least I believe I am in the right area and on the right map. If God intends me to be a classroom teacher the rest of my natural-born days, I hope he gives me a sign. Show me the way!!!


Until then, I will do what I can with what I got in that classroom and try my best to not get frustrated. Which ain't easy!!!!!


Deo Volente,
Step Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please play nice with comments. No profanity! Yet, feel free to express yourself.