Sunday, December 11, 2011

1, 2, 3...

Greetings from the lab...


Week 4: You bump into a genie and she offers to grant you three wishes. What are your wishes and why?


It has taken me a while to come up with three wishes. I am still not sure what my three wishes are. So I decided to free write...


Wish #1: I ask Ms. Genie for a cure for my fears. My fear of failure, my fear of success. I have so many ideas and dreams. I realize that laziness and procrastination hinders me the most, yet, I also realize my fears cripple me more than anything. So Ms. Genie, help me face my fears.


Wish #2: I ask Ms. Genie for financial assistance. I know I am not good with budgeting and spending. I also say I never have what it takes to make money in the end--that's money in the beginning. Honestly, I think it's about strengths and weaknesses. And one of my weaknesses is a lack of financial savvy. So I ask Ms. Genie for financial wisdom.


Wish #3: I ask Ms. Genie for more time. More time to get things right. More time to make up for the time I have wasted with my fears, my laziness, my procrastination, my financial inabilities. Time to come up with a better wish. Time is the one thing you can never replace. Once it's gone, it's gone. So I ask Ms. Genie for more time.


Disclaimer: I don't believe in genies. These wishes are essentially my daily prayers.


Until next time,


Step Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please play nice with comments. No profanity! Yet, feel free to express yourself.