Thursday, December 8, 2011

How They Do That There?

Greetings from the lab...

So I got a little behind with my yearly challenge. Time to play catch-up.

Week 3: Babies typically talk in babbles that adults can't understand. But one day, while at the park, you're sitting on a bench next to two babies. They start their babbling, when all of a sudden you realize you can understand what they are saying. Even more, they are plotting a nefarious plan.

One beautiful October afternoon, I decide to venture out from the lab to work on my new stage play, Statistics. Loaded with my MacBook and snack pack of water and fresh fruit, my creative muse and I head to Piedmont Park. After a short search, I find the perfect spot. All goes well until a young mother (or nanny) rolls her double stroller beside me. Twins, I assume. Not more than a year old, the little boy wears Diego while his sister matches with Dora. Nothing distracts me from my story until...

Tyler: I hate that heifer. We got to find a way to get rid of her, Skyler.

Skyler: Stop that mean talk, Tyler. She's a cool nanny.

I stop typing and look over at them. They smile at me and continue their conversation as if I am not there.

Tyler: Look, Ms. Thing must go. I've got the perfect plan.

Skyler: Not another one of your half-baked schemes. I refuse to be a part of it.

Tyler: Well, forget you then. Cause T-Weezie don't need thee. I can get rid of her myself.

Skyler: Like you did the last nanny.

Tyler: Hey, the authorities ruled that an accident. But we can't have two accidents in the same fashion. I'll need to be more creative.

Skyler: What you need is a psychiatrist.

Tyler: Shut up! I'm thinking...

As the nanny wheels them away, I hear:

Tyler: Maybe the next time we're all napping together...

Skyler: Leave me out of it.

I pinch myself. Nope, it wasn't a dream. So I open a blank page on my MacBook.

TALKING BABIES: THE NEW BLACK?

Deo Volente,

Step Brown

1 comment:

Please play nice with comments. No profanity! Yet, feel free to express yourself.