Sunday, December 4, 2011

The Strange Thing About the Johnsons Trailer


I know I am behind on my postings. I promise to catch things up THIS WEEK.

Aside from that, a friend asked me if I had heard of this short film. I googled it and found the trailer and the film. I will admit--this is a very sensitive subject. The trailer that I have above does not do the film service. I suggest you google the film yourself. I can promise you it will be the most interesting, yet disturbing thirty minutes of your life.

My friends who have seen it will ask, "why are you promoting this?" Promotion is not the correct word. As an aspiring filmmaker, I will give props where they are due. And this filmmaker took a very delicate subject and handled it with gusto. I am blogging about this because my subject matter sometimes goes against the grain. I am blogging about this because I want people to walk away from my work and still remember the experience. I am blogging about this because this film left an impression on me. And to me, that is what good storytelling does. Good storytelling leaves the viewer wanting more. Mission accomplished...

There is definitely something strange about the Johnsons. Google it and see for yourself.

1 comment:

  1. Well, I will not be one of those friends who will ask, “why are you promoting this”? I know doing film is your passion which is why I called you when I saw this. I knew you could help me better understand this type of film and give a different perspective on it. If this helped you in any way pursue your dreams, I am glad to have been a part of it.

    Heaven

    ReplyDelete

Please play nice with comments. No profanity! Yet, feel free to express yourself.